Covid-19 | Health and Safety, Protocols & FAQs
We are open again and ready to welcome you to our award winning establishment.
We put your safety alongside our renowned hospitality and have various measures in place that you can read about in detail below.
Whether you’re traveling for business or a conference, you can rest assured that you'll receive the same warm home-from-home hospitality we're known for.
Join us for complete care, superior attention and intuitive service.
Our team is ready to take your booking and looking forward to your visit.
We are open for Business Travelers under strict hygiene and safety protocols that you can view below:
Your Safety Is Our Concern
Whilst everything may have changed, some things stay the same, and guests can rest assured that their safety remains our absolute priority.
Extensive COVID-19 protocols have been implemented at our establishment for the safety of both guests and staff alike.
We embrace the guidelines and hygiene policies of the World Health Organisation (WHO), the South African National Department of Health (NDoH), and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD).
We are ready to welcome you so, book now.
The following protocols are mandatory according to Government regulations and will be strictly adhered to at our essential services hotels:
You can also view our Health and Safety 'Frequently Asked Questions' below.
~ Allowing their temperature to be scanned with a thermal scanner.
~ If a guest’s temperature falls within the normal range and they do not show any symptoms they will be required to sanitise their hands and proceed to check-in. If a guest’s temperature exceeds 37.5 degrees Celsius and/or they have symptoms of the virus, they will be not be allowed to check-in and will be referred to a medical facility as specified by the NICD.
~ Complete and sign a questionnaire.
Guests will be required to present copies of the following on check-in (which will be retained by the Hotel)
~ Permit to travel as required by the lockdown regulations and as authorised by your company.
~ Photo ID.
- All staff have received training on COVID19 preventative measures and hygiene protocols
- Educational signage is displayed for both guests and staff
- Staff are provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with regulations, along with additional hygiene resources
- Increased sanitising and disinfecting practices (over and above our normal stringent cleaning protocols)
- Public social distancing, demarcated areas, physical barriers where necessary and PPE
- Sanitisation of high touch points, deep cleaning and pest control
- Temperatures of guests are monitored, and guests are required to complete screening questionnaires at the entrances of the hotel
- Mandatory use of masks for all visitors and staff entering the premises
- Queuing systems will be in place to ensure that there is no less than 1.5m between people
- No activity is allowed that encourages crowd gatherings
- Dining facilities (where open), are restricted to maximum numbers as outlined in the Government Gazette, with social distancing measures in place. In-room dining is encouraged wherever possible
- Delegates and employees temperature will be scanned with a thermal scanner on arrival at the hotel
- Delegates and employees will be required to complete a screening questionnaire on arrival
- Delegates will be required to exercise increased sanitising and disinfecting practices
- Delegates and employees are required to wear masks except when eating or drinking
- Seating will be spread out to ensure that a 1.5 meter social distancing is maintained
Number of Delegates
- A maximum of 50 people are permitted per venue in accordance with Lockdown Regulations
Food and Beverage Delivery
- Menus and service standards have been adjusted and aligned to our health and safety protocols and Government regulations
- Stationery would be available on request, pens will be sanitised prior to use
Terms and Conditions
- Our offering is subject to change in line with relevant regulations
- No alcohol may be served
- No weddings or private parties are permitted under current regulations
- Other stationery to be supplied on request
Please contact us for your conference, hospitality and special event bookings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Permit to travel as required by the lockdown regulations and as authorised by your company
- Photo ID
- Guests will be required to complete a health questionnaire and have their temperature scanned on entering the hotel and will only be permitted access to the hotel, should the results of this assessment fall within acceptable levels
If a guest’s temperature is high (the actual temperature at screening should not exceed 37.5 degrees Celsius) and/or they have symptoms of the virus they will be not be allowed to check-in and will be referred to a medical facility.
Our housekeeping staff already use chemicals that contain SABS approved disinfectants. Additional frequencies of sanitising of high traffic and high touch point areas have been implemented.
We have a detailed list of “touchpoints” that are touched frequently by guests and employees. High strength disinfectant and microfiber cloths or disposable towels are used to cleanse all touchpoints as per the detailed schedule.
We conduct regular kitchen hygiene audits that evaluate the cleaning and hygiene standards and adherence to the Department of Health requirements and international benchmarks.
All food products are sourced from accredited and reputable suppliers to ensure food safety is maintained at the highest levels.
The safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance, we continuously encourage social distancing and good hygiene practice while taking guidance from the NICD.
To protect our guests and staff and to prevent a potentially high risk person from checking into the hotel, guests are required to be screened on arrival using a thermal scanner.
If a guest’s temperature falls within the normal range and they do not show any COVID-19 symptoms they will be required to sanitise their hands and proceed to check-in.
If a guest’s temperature is high (the actual temperature at screening should not exceed 37.5 degrees Celsius) and/or they have symptoms of the virus they will be not be allowed to check-in and will be referred to a medical facility as specified by the NICD.
We are committed to maintaining professional hygiene standards and provides continuous training for all staff to ensure that the group maintains a high standard of cleanliness.
As an additional precaution, guests and staff are being advised on basic protective measures hand sanitisers sourced from a SABS approved supplier have been strategically placed in our establishment.